Some Of Our Favorite Mounting & Lamination Projects
Mounting Subtrates Types
- Foam Core: a lightweight board made of polystyrene foam that is pressed between high-quality paperboard liners.
- Recommended For: Short Term Use, Signage 20″ x 30″ or smaller
- Coroplast (Corrugated Plastic): a tougher than corrugated fiberboard and lighter than an extruded plastic sheet – making it ideal for indoor and outdoor graphic applications. It is also waterproof and stain-resistant.
- Recommended For: Real Estate Signage, Project needing to be lightweight, stage sets, Temporary outdoor signage.
- Illustration Board: a very smooth surface and used primarily for pen-and-ink, mounting, transfer lettering, and graphic design.
- Recommended For: Low profile signage, retail point of purchase displays, mounted prints
- Dibond (Metal): a archival, lightweight alternative to aluminum and gives the same sleek look. Weighing less than half that of aluminum, this material is composed of a dark plastic core with a thin layer of aluminum coated on each side.
- Recommended For: Custom mounting of interior designs, exhibition displays, and exterior signage
- Ultra Board: Designed for interior use and favored for its durability. The dent-resistant styrene liners are secured to the foam center with an industrial bond that keeps the panel flat and rigid.
- Recommended For: Short Term Use, Eco-Conscience Project
- Gator Board: a is rigid polystyrene foam core laminated between two veneers of resin-infused paper fiber.
- Recommended For: Projects when strength, rigidity, and warp resistance are needed.
- Sintra (Dense Plastic): Sintra is lightweight PVC board with a low gloss satin finished surface. Durable for interior and exterior applications with a high aversion to water.
- Recommended For: Art archival projects, exhibit booths, cutouts, and photo mounting.
- Acrylic: Acrylic is more impact resistant and half the weight of glass, making them ideal for household remodeling, renovations, or protecting expensive surfaces.
- Recommended For: Custom mounting of second surface prints, interior designs, gallery prints, and signage
Your Perfect Mounting & Laminating Partner
Below are the common mounting materials we have readily available.
|Foam Core||White & Black||X||X||X|
|Coroplast||White & Custom||X||X||X|
|Dibond||Metallic & Custom||X|
|Gator Board||White & Black||X||X||X|
|Illustration Board||White & Black||X|
|Sintra||White & Custom||X||X|
|Acrylic||Clear & Custom||X||X||X|
Lamination involves applying one side of the photo a thin layer of plastic, which protects the photos finish as well as making it tougher. Encapsulation is the plastic sheets being applied to the front and the back of the photo to seal the edges. The photo is completely encased in sheets of plastic. We offer several thicknesses of lamination including 3 Mil, 6 Mil, and 10 Mil with Matte, Glossy or Luster surfaces.
|Lamination||1.7 MIL||3 MIL||5 MIL||10 MIL|
Framing: All framing is done on a custom bases with a 3-4 week turn around time.
Contact Us for Mounting & Laminating Services Today
GSB’s Mounting & Lamination services are beautifully executed by our experienced team. Providing print finishing services for over 30 years, GSB is ready to provide you with high quality products on short deadlines.